Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Fishing with dad

This past Monday morning I loaded my 70 year old dad up and went to Matagorda. The weather looked like it was going to lay and make it flat. That didnt quite happen, but our trip, I will never forget. Monday afternoon we got into some good numbers of trout in east bay with some short reds. Tuesday we tried to get into the surf but the wind just wouldnt let us. So, we went back to east bay on the west side northwest side. It too was slow. Dad kept on my butt about making a drift by a very small platform that we were near. I kept on my path of drifting grass breaks. Finally, I said to myself, what the hell, lets go where dad says to go. The very first drift we made, dad hooked into something large. I could see the excitement in his eyes, but at his age this fish was kicking his ass. I turned the video camera on and started videoing. That video is something I will keep with me forever. It was a 22 inch red, which may not seem like much to most people, but that one fish brought the kid out in a 70 year old man. That one fish made our entire trip and made dad so happy. I will never forget it.  The video is on my facebook page for any of you that want to see it.


Bob



PS   Bow season is getting closer

1 comment:

Thank you for your interest in Bob's Tail Guide Service.