Monday, August 26, 2013

River update/Bow season

I spent 5 hours on the river  yesterday and the day before. As I continue to say the grass is out of control. Bass fishing on the river remains slow. The only way we are catching any fish right now is a texas rigged brush dropped in the deepest cover you can find. I need some cooler temps. That will help the bite on the river. The grass will be a major problem until we get a flood or winter temps knock the grass back.  I had 3 different hoses on my motor blow off yesterday from sucking grass up in my jet foot. Lake Bastrop remains the best place to catch numbers. However, it too has been a little slow lately with all the cloud cover we have been getting from the upper level low in the gulf. By Wednesday we should be back under high pressure and the schooling activity should pick up.


Bow season is all but here. As of today, I have one big tract to hunt, but am working on two others. Stands are up and I am feeding. Book now to save a spot. I am almost full for opening weekend unless I can get another tract.


Bob


PS  Dont forget about Duck Season.  The only thing all this grass in the river is good for is bringing tons of ducks in. Duck season will be slamming good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Bob's Tail Guide Service.