Sunday, March 10, 2013

Yesterday on river

Yesterday I had a father son combo from Hondo, Tx. Miles brought his 13 year old son, Chase, with him.They were absolutely awesome to fish with. However ,we had 20 mph south winds and cloudy conditions. These river fish are not like the lake fish. River fish want the sun out probably because of how shallow the river is. That coupled with the fact that most of these fish are about to explode made fishing tough.Nevertheless, we went up to Webberville and started chunking buzzbaits. Our numbers for the day were down,by my standards, but we had some very exciting blow ups and hook ups on topwater. I noticed some vacant beds like a few of them had spawned out. Still everything we caught had full mature egg sacks in them. I take a lot of kids on the river, and I have to say that Chase hung in there like a champion. That boy stayed on the front with me and never took a break. He made cast after cast after cast, sometimes hooking up, sometimes missing, and sometimes nothing. I havnt had  a 13 year old with the desire and patience, that I saw in this young man. He reminded me of me when I was his age. I had fun just watching him. Posting a pic of him with a fish shortly .

Reminder--- River tourney this coming Saturday. Need all entries in by Friday evening. You can call or email me for entry form.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Bob's Tail Guide Service.