Sunday, June 23, 2013

6/23/13 River update

The river remains stained and bass fishing is slow.  We just passed the Strawberry moon last night. As it fades the catfishing will pick up. A dark moon is the best time to yellowcat fish. So watch it and give me a call.  The river will remain at this flow until those handful of rice farmers in Garwood are done with their last crop. When they are done, the river will drop 6 inches and clear up fast barring any substantial rain.  The grass is out of control. I was out today for 4 hours and never saw another boat.  I pulled the grates off my jet foot just to get around, and it works really good.  I got another eally good close up pic of a wood owl. Posting it now on my gallery.  If you want to bass fish, they are starting to school on lake Bastrop and I have been killing them on spoons.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Bob's Tail Guide Service.