Sunday, June 9, 2013

Hole fishing from today

I took several buddies out today to hole fish under rocks.  It was slow. First big rock we got on had a fish under it. One of my buddies touched him but the fish spooked and we lost out.  About three rock beds later, I went in too fast and spooked  another one. We didnt find anything else the rest of the day. LCRA was supposed to shut the water off, and I think they did, but the river has not gotten to rock bottom low yet. My guess is that the ridiculous amount of grass in the river has created enough volume to keep the water level up about 6 inches above the low flow line. This is not what I want too see. I need low water conditions. Low water makes the hole fishing easier and keeps the fish  off the bank holes . It also makes the bass fishing awesome.


Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Bob's Tail Guide Service.